Dive in with Valerio Jewellery this World Oceans Day
This June 8, Valerio Jewellery will celebrate World Oceans Day and we invite all our readers and customers to do the same. For over 20 years this global day has aimed to promote, honour, celebrate and protect the world’s oceans and the lives within – this year’s theme is: Our Oceans, Our Future. What is more, the conservation action focus for 2017 is: Encouraging solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine litter for a healthier ocean and a better future.
The significance of World Oceans Day:
1. To raise worldwide awareness of the impact our actions can have on the ocean, sea life and our planet as a whole
2. To remind us that oceans are essential to how we we live and breathe through their provision of oxygen and absorbance of carbon dioxide emissions.
3. To give thanks for the ocean as a major source of food, nutrients medicine and as a regulator of our climate and clean drinking water.
These facts shared by The Metro are also salient:
• Ninety four per cent of all life on earth can be found in our oceans!
• Plastic takes a long time to degrade, meaning it can pollute our waters for a long time and put the health of sea animals at risk when they mistake plastics for food.
• Plastics can act as “chemical sponges”, absorbing pollutants which could be toxic to sea animals and could contaminate our seafood.
The world’s purest jewellery
Valerio Jewellery offers ethical jewellery crafted from the most environmentally responsible and desirable materials. Striving to harmoniously unite the planet, the miner and the jeweller, we make it possible for our eco-conscious customers to celebrate their love and milestones while maintaining the preservation of the land, the sea and their all-important inhabitants.
One thing we have not yet mentioned is the wonderful natural beauty of the ocean and all it offers – it is a huge inspiration for art and culture, including Valerio Jewellery’s designs.
Into the blue with ethical sapphires
So big, so blue, so beautiful, the Ethical Blue Sapphire and Diamond Cluster Engagement Ring from Valerio Jewellery is an offering as amazing as the azures of the Indian Ocean. A spectacular ethical sapphire, the birthstone for September, encircled by glistening conflict free diamonds and mounted on a delightful tapered daylight shoulder shank of 18k Fairtrade gold, this marine marvel is more sought after than the finest treasures of the sea and deeply divine.
Diamond-encrusted crest of a wave
Two rows of the purist ethical diamonds surround this round brilliant cut diamond cluster ethical engagement ring to create a sparkling crescendo evocative of a wave’s mighty crest. An elegant court band of Fairtrade gold (a choice of white, yellow or rose) and a daylight shoulder shank finishes of this stunning ethical engagement ring that is sure to swell your loved one’s heart.
Purest Aquamarine of purest waters
Hello Aquamarine Halo! Named after seawater, the fresh hue offered by our ethical aquamarine gemstone is a cool plunge into a tropical sea. The shimmer of the stunning oval cut centre stone, fully traceable from ethical gemstone mines in Madagascar, is set off by a splash of fourteen non conflict diamonds from Botswana. This aqua beauty is set in 18k Fairtrade Gold and is the perfect ethical engagement ring, a Fairtrade gift for a March birthday or the ultimate hail to Poseidon and all he beholds this World Oceans Day.
Let us remember the meaning and splendour of our life-giving seas this World Oceans Day! You too can show your support of the event and spread the word by using the hashtag #WorldOceansDay on social media. Make sure you are following Valerio Jewellery on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to stay up-to-date with our World Oceans Day shout-outs and ethical jewellery news.